Exporting in Non-Native Email App

Ash

13 May, 2017 09:07 AM

Hi,

I have recently come across your app and love the idea and concept behind it. Before I fully migrate from iCloud Keychain I just have a few questions.

Firstly, why can't I export the app data using a 3rd Party email client? When I try it gives me the attached error.

Also, the export data seems like a great option for new devices but if I was to lose my phone, when I re-add the site names how would I know which version number of password I was on and what type of password I used? Is this information backed up in the export option?

And is there a method of having parity across different devices? For example, if I was to add new sites on my iPhone, how would I merge them with Master Password on my Mac?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maarten Billemo... on 27 May, 2017 01:12 PM

Hey Ash,

If you want to use a third-party email client, just use the Share feature instead of the E-Mail feature. The way iOS works makes it unrealistic to see "alternative" apps for a purpose. You can't really see "alternative" browsers or "alternative" email clients. But using Share you should be able to send the export to any app that supports receiving text documents.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maarten Billemo... on 27 May, 2017 01:13 PM

I missed your later question -

Yes, the export feature is intended to back up any data needed to get your site passwords restored, that includes the site's name, password type and counter value.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Image.jpeg 54.4 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

15 Nov, 2017 01:51 AM
21 Oct, 2017 05:17 PM
18 Oct, 2017 08:29 PM